You are invited to participate in our annual Earth Day Celebration on Friday April 22nd! !
Our goal with Earth Day 2022 is two-fold: First, through our Parade for the Species, we honor the beauty, joy, and inspiration we receive from our Mother Earth and celebrate playing, working, and creating on her behalf with a community parade down F Street.
Secondly, we have a festival at Riverside Park with booths by local non-profits, green businesses, and organizations showcasing what they do and how the community can support them. We’ll also have ongoing performances and talks at the bandshell, activities for kids, and are working on food trucks. Come meet the green non-profits and business in our valley, grab a bite to eat, and enjoy music and activities!
Earth Day is a time to come together in support of a better future, renew our efforts to work for better practices in our businesses and daily lives, and celebrate the joy of living on this beautiful planet. Please join us!
Parade For The Species
Who: YOU! Your kids, your classroom, your family, or local organization! Anyone in the community who enjoys living on earth, dressing up in costumes, or just plain having a good time. Come to have fun, and celebrate!
Where: Meet in Salida at Alpine Park, look for our large Parade of the Species banner. Parade route will frolic down F Street and end at Riverside Park
When: Gather at 11:30am in costume to participate and be placed in parade order. To watch the parade, bring chairs or find a spot to stand along F Street, parade begins at 12:00pm and ends by 1:00pm
What to do to prepare: Create a costume, float, banner, or sign! Box of Bubbles will be hosting costume-making workshops leading up to the event- stay tuned.
If you will be participating as a large group or organization, Please fill out our participation form by clicking here
Participating in the
Earth Day Festival as an
Who: Your organization, business, or group that works to protect local flora and fauna and natural resources, or provide our community with better options for green living, education, or community connectedness.
When: Set up in Riverside Park begins at 9:00am, with guests expected to arrive 12:00pm – 4:00pm. Clean up and load out until 6:00pm
Where: Salida: Riverside Park. Event coordinator will reach out in coming weeks with details about booth locations, stage and amplification details, etc. after approving your application.
What to do to prepare:
- Fill out our Organization Participation Form here.
- Come up with a fun way to share what your organization does, reach out to community members or volunteers, and share your story with the valley. Your options are limitless, from a simple info table to holding mini workshops or demonstrations, educating the public on your mission, advertising an upcoming event, selling products, or having a group performance. We encourage creativity, and are happy to help you come up with ideas!
- Please provide us with details in your application. Consider if you will need use of park water, electricity, or more space than a standard 10×10 booth. We have 3 hours of performance spots available, let us know if you would like to use the bandshell and our PA system.
- Please note, the City of Salida requires a flat $25 fee for booths selling items for profit, and a state tax ID number to be provided to the Event Organizer. (Collecting donations as a non-profit is exempt).
- Our organization’s work is fueled by volunteers and donations! We always appreciate donations from vendors, consider giving percentage of sales to help us continue our important work